We’ve offered wireless charging capabilities for quite some time now, but until recently most smartphones were not equipped with inductive charging technology. Now that the technology has officially gone mainstream with Starbucks offering wireless cell phone charging, we wanted to share some more information about Qi inductive wireless charging technology.
Get Access to the Innovative Cell Phone Charging Station by InCharged
Our hi-top table cell phone charging station utilizes Qi inductive wireless charging technology via an optional transmission pad add-on. This transmission pad charges compatible devices (any mobile device with a compatible receiver) via resonant inductive coupling.
It works best when the device is placed on the pad, but can be effective from up to an inch and a half away. The technology utilizes electromagnetic induction between planar coils. Our cell phone charging stations contain transmission coils, and compatible mobile devices contain receiving coils.
Many phones still are not Qi compatible, including the ubiquitous iPhone – however, you can purchase protective cases which are able to utilize Qi technology to charge your phone, much like an external battery pack.
All You Need to Know About Wireless Charging Technology in Cell Phone Charging Stations
While the concept of wireless charging might appear a new concept, people have been using the same in various other applications. In the modern era, most of the devices out there –including smartphones, can be charged easily with the help of wireless cell phone charging stations. InCharged –a leading name in the field of the wireless smartphone charging station, extends its innovative range of wireless cell phone charging stations for the overall convenience of the users.
The wireless charging technology –also going by the names as cordless charging or inductive charging, is known to make use of the inductive power transfer mechanism. The advanced Qi wireless smartphone charging technology is known to make use of the electromagnetic field as well as an inductive coupling for transmitting energy from A point (known as a transmitter) to B point (known as the receiver).
Qi wireless chargers are known to typically make use of an inductive coil for the creation of an alternating electromagnetic field. The field is created from within the base wireless charging station. There is the presence of a second coil in the mobile device –like the smartphone.
This secondary coil is responsible for taking energy from the given electromagnetic field while converting the same into a form of electric current. This current is responsible for charging the battery of the device or the smartphone. A wide number of compatible mobile devices can be easily charged using the innovative technology of the wireless charging stations –up to 15W.
Learn About the Wireless Charging Technology –the Qi Charging Standards
The Qi standards with respect to the wireless charging technology were developed during 2010. The technology was introduced by the Wireless Power Consortium –participated by over 320 high-tech companies including Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, HTC, Motorola, and so more. Qi is known to serve as the interoperability sign between power receivers and power transmitters. An increasing number of mobile devices including smartphones, digital cameras, speakers, wearables, and so more feature built-in Qi technology incorporation as the standard norm.
All the subsequent Qi receivers are known to work in collaboration with Qi transmitters. This implies that all enabled devices tend to be compatible with the innovative Qi technology.
How does Wireless Charging Station Work with Qi Integration?
To ensure whether or not your mobile device is compatible with Qi integration, here are some important points to keep in mind:
- Firstly, make sure whether or not the smartphone is capable of supporting the advanced Qi wireless charging technology.
- For charging the smartphone using the advanced wireless charging station or wireless charging kiosks, you are required to position the same in a convenient position –for example, on the desk.
- The next step involves placing the smartphone on top of the given wireless charging station while ensuring the process of “get charging.”
- On the smartphone as well as the charging pad of the charging station, an LED indicator will indicate that the mobile device is charging.
How does Wireless Charging Station Work with Qi Add-on?
If you are required to make use of a wireless charger or a charging station along with a Qi add-on for your smartphone, the chances are that you are using the mechanism of Qi integration while achieving the same.
For achieving the same, you are required to follow the steps as:
- Mount the given Qi-enabled charging station or kiosk to the smartphone
- Position the charging unit at some convenient location –for example, on the desk.
- Place the smartphone or any other mobile device on top of the charging station to ensure the stage of “get charging.” The presence of the LED indicator would denote that the device is charging.
Application Areas of Wireless Charging Using Cell Phone Charging Stations
Some of the advanced applications of induced charging can be divided into four multiple categories including:
- Low power applications –these are usually supportive of small-scale consumer electronic goods including handheld devices, cell phones, small-scale computer systems, and other common devices that are capable of charging at below 100W.
- High power applications –this type of inductive charging is known to typically apply to the task of inductively charging the batteries of power levels at or above 1 kW. The most effective application area for this type of inductive charging is the charging the support unit for electric vehicles.
Benefits of Inductive Charging Mechanisms at Charging Stations
Some of the potential benefits of using the mechanism of inductive charging for ensuring wireless charging at the charging kiosks or stations are:
- Protected Connections –As the electronic components in these devices are enclosed, there is no fear of corrosion whatsoever. The electric components at such charging stations or kiosks remain away from the sources of oxygen or water. Therefore, there is no risk of corrosion as well as reduced electrical faults including short circuits because of insulation failure. This stands true in the case wherein connections that are made tend to be broken frequently.
- Lower Risk of Infections –For the medical devices that tend to be embedded, the transmission of power with the help of a magnetic field that is capable of passing through the skin helps in avoiding the overall infection risks in association with wires that penetrate through the skin.
- Improved Durability –As there is no constant requirement of continuously plugging as well as unplugging the device, there tends to be significantly reduced wear & tear on the device’s socket & the attracting cable.
- Improved Convenience –With no requirement of the cables, there is an improved convenience throughout along with better aesthetics as well.
- Automated Inductive Charging Systems –the inductive charging systems can be operated automatically without any dependence on the individuals to constantly plug or unplug the device. This helps in improving the overall reliability.
Different Standards for Wireless Charging Stations
Standards with respect to wireless or inductive charging are referred to as the different sets of operating system in which multiple devices tend to be compatible. Typically, there are two main standards –PMA and Qi.
The two standards for wireless charging are known to operate in a similar manner. However, these standards make use of varying connection protocols and transmission frequencies. Due to the same, the devices that tend to be compatible with a single charging standard might not be necessarily compatible with other charging standard. However, there is also the availability of devices that are compatible with both the wireless charging standards.
- Qi –referred to as a wireless charging interface standard that has been developed by the Wireless Power Consortium for ensuring the transfer of inductive electrical power. It is one of the most popular charging standards in the world, and over 200 million mobile devices are known to support the given interface.
- AirFuel Alliance –During January 2012, IEEE made the announcement of the initiation of the PMA (Power Matters Alliance) under the Standards Association by IEEE (IEEE-SA). The alliance has been formed for publishing a specific set of wireless charging standards for the generation of inductive power that tends to be both safe as well as energy-efficient. Moreover, they also feature effective power management in terms of ensuring energy efficiency during charging. The PMA is also known to focus on the generation of an inductive power ecosystem.
The Concept of Wireless Charging in Modern Smartphones
Most of the manufacturers of modern smartphones have started making use of the advanced technology of wireless charging using charging stations or kiosks on the respective devices. The majority of the smartphone manufacturers that go for the option of adopting the Qi standard for wireless charging.
Most of the smartphone giants like Apple & Samsung have already laid out interactive models that feature impressive Qi charging capabilities. The overall popularity of the Qi wireless charging standard has driven other leading smartphone manufacturers to adopt the same standard for wireless charging. With the smartphones becoming the driving force of the Qi standard technology, there are other industries as well that have considered adopting advanced technology.
In addition to the Qi standard, companies like Samsung have started exploring the concept of “Surface Charging.” This modern technology helps in creating an advanced form of inductive wireless charging station into a complete surface like a table or a desk.
On the contrary, other smartphone giants like Apple are making use of the specialized dock-based wireless charging platform. This mechanism of charging is known to include charging disks or pads that tend to have a smaller footprint. These are engineered for the consumers who wish to make use of small-scale chargers. Because of the global-scale adoption of the Qi wireless charging system, most of these chargers would work with any phone model given the fact that the phone is compatible with the Qi charging system.
Get Access to Revolutionary Wireless Charging Stations by InCharged
InCharged helps in keeping the audience connected with the respective branded smartphones with the help of high-end wireless charging stations. Some of the potential benefits that you can get out of InCharged’s charging station are:
- Aesthetic Value: You can fully customize the charging kiosk or station from its top to bottom, including a digitized screen for displaying advertisements.
- Uncompromised Attention: The charging station allows you to access around 10 minutes of guaranteed face time interaction. The branded range of charging products as well as stations by InCharged will keep the visitors focused for around 10-15 minutes.
- Comprehensive Coverage: When the batteries of the smartphone get low, event attendees will stop connecting. You can show the audience that you care for them with the help of a free cell phone charger with the help of the state-of-the-art smartphone charging kiosks by InCharged.
Some of the innovative product offerings by InCharged for ensuring the ease of wireless charging through specialized charging stations are:
- Flex Charging Kiosk: It is one of the most popular smartphone wireless charging stations by InCharged. The Flex serves to be a commercial cell phone charging kiosk or station that sports the 20-inch digital HD screen for displaying images or videos. The kiosk is capable of charging multiple smartphones and around 12 mobile devices –each of 2.4A.
- Charging Tables: InCharged also unveils its innovative range of advanced charging tables that are equipped with two AC outlets and as many as 12 industrial cables that are known to provide reliable charging for some of the most famous models for smartphones & tablets. The charging table is scratch-resistant and features a safe material for reliable charging available in a wide range of settings.
- Glass Power Table: InCharged also features an advanced branded, glass-top, smartphone-charging tables that are equipped with multiple industrial cables, AC outlets, and USB ports for charging some of the most popular names for tablets & smartphones.
Get the most of the wireless charging technology that is available in the brand-new cell phone charging stations by InCharged. Ensure maximum charging of your device while enjoying the overall experience.