If you own a bar or restaurant, it’s easy to see how often your patrons use their cell phones. Just taking a look around your establishment will reveal a significant number of people with their heads down staring at their devices. If you want to offer another valuable and highly valued service at your bar or restaurant, you should consider incorporating a cell phone charging station into your décor.
Don’t think adding a charging station will affect your business? Consider the following:
Charging Stations at Bars
- When customers don’t have to worry about their phone dying towards the end of the night, they stay longer. When they stay longer, they buy more drinks. This simple concept has proven to be effective time and time again.
- Adding one of our interactive charging stations nets you tons of free advertising. For one, you can add a custom wrap to your station to better advertise your brand. Additionally, giving your patrons a way to recharge will allow them to post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and check in on FourSquare, which increases your online presence and word of mouth.
- Offering an additional service such as cell phone charging shows you have your patrons’ needs in mind- an extra step that may gain you some new regulars.
- With the recent increase in driving apps such as Uber and Lyft, adding a charging station guarantees your customers will be able to make it home safely. While this is good news for your customers’ safety (and your establishment’s reputation), it’ll also keep customers in your establishment longer because they won’t have to order a car before their phone dies!
Charging Stations at Restaurants
While some consider the use of cell phones in restaurants to be rude, many of us continue to use our phones when out for a meal. Chefs and restauranteurs consider dining to be an experience that shouldn’t be interrupted by cell phone usage, and with fair reason. After all, cell phone use at the table can dramatically reduce service times and table turnover. Still, there are ways to offer valuable charging services without encouraging cell phone use at the table.
- To help discourage cell phone use at the table, consider adding a locker-style charging station. Your customers can securely leave their phone to charge while they enjoy their meal, completely eliminating the problem of slow turnover time.
- If you don’t want to deprive your customers of their mobile devices, consider integrating a charging station in your coat room or even into the table itself. Our wide range of charging stations allow you to pick the best fit for your business and can help you influence how your patrons use their phones in your establishment.
- Consider all of the dining apps people use today. Restaurants using reservation apps like OpenTable that alert customers via text message when their table is ready can be rendered completely useless by a dead battery. For your customers that are watching their waistlines, allowing them to use their diet or nutrition tracking apps while dining will allow them to enjoy their meal with ease of mind.
- Similar to bars, a good online presence can significantly increase your business. Consider adding a charging station that encourages your customers to check in on FourSquare, post a selfie on Instagram, or write a review on Yelp to help boost your presence online. Offering deals for posting reviews online is a great way to attract new business, so make sure you’re “empowering” your customers!