Generally, the germs can spread from one person to another or touching the equipment that is not cleaned and is highly touched that is contaminated with bacteria or viruses. If you want to prevent the spread of the germs or bacteria, you need to focus on thorough virus cleanup and reliable procedure to get rid of the virus but make sure to focus on the areas where germs are more likely to spread and these mainly include kitchen and toilet.
The best way you can use is either soap or hot water if you want to get rid of the germs or you can rely on the effective disinfectants or the best virus and cleanup protection methods that can kill the germs effectively. Make sure that you should dry the surfaces such as worktops and chopping boards thoroughly when you are done with the cleaning process. Dampness can make the germs survive on the surface and if there will be more water and the surface will be wet then the germs will be more. You should clean the surfaces that are more contaminated with the germs and make sure to do it regularly rather than cleaning once a week.
The cleaning aids you are using should be free of germs and should be washed regularly or they will spread the germs to various other surfaces as well. Here is some of the best virus and cleanup protection tips that you can follow to get rid of the germs and prevent the spread of viruses in your home –
Clothes and sponges
- If it is possible, you can use the paper clothes or paper towels that are disposable.
- If you are reusing the same cloth then make sure it should be disinfected or washed thoroughly so that there will be no germs left on the cloth.
Wash the brushes
The best way to wash the brushes is through the dishwashers and make sure to do it regularly or the other way is to use the detergent and warm water when you are done with the cleaning.
- These are the spaces where you will find more germs so it is best to keep the U-bend as well as toilet bowl clean for which it is essential to do the flushing.
- You should use the toilet cleaners and brushes to get rid of the harmful that can severely affect your health.
- You can use the descaling products to get rid of the limescale as well.
- Use the disinfectant for cleaning toilet seat, taps, handle, and rim.
Bath and sinks
- Even if you are not using the baths and sinks then make sure to keep them clean and disinfect them regularly.
- In case if it used by someone who is severely ill then you should clean and disinfect it thoroughly so that the illness can be prevented.
- Make sure to clean the shower trays frequently if you are using them regularly.
- In case you have not used the shower for some time then you can let the hot water run for a few minutes so that it can be cleaned thoroughly.
Tiles and shower curtains
- Always keep the shower curtains as well as tiles in a good condition.
- Make sure to wash the shower curtains frequently and keep them hygiene as well.
- Before you start with the preparation of food, make sure that the surfaces are cleaned and hygiene.
- It is always useful to use a separate chopping board for uncooked door mainly for the raw meat and any other food that does not need cooking such as salad leaves.
- Thoroughly wash and clean your hands after handling the raw meat.
- When you are done with preparing food then it’s time to clean the surface again.
- Clean the floors regularly no matter if it is dirty or not and in case there is visible dirt then the best thing you can do is use the warm water as well as detergent for cleaning it effectively.
- If the floors have vomit, poo, or body fluid on them, then the floor should be cleared with the disposable cloth as well as the warm water and then you can disinfect the same, but make sure before allowing anyone to roam on the same floor, it should be dried completely.
Carpet and soft furnishing
- When it comes to cleaning and disinfecting the carpets then the best solution you can use is steam cleaning.
- Furthermore, you can use the same stream cleaning method to disinfecting the curtains as well.
Pets and other animals
- If you are leaving with a pet then make sure to keep their food separate from you.
- Don’t forget to clean your hands after touching the animals including their toys, cages, food, or trays.
- The dishes or utensils of the pet in which you provide them with the food should be stored separately.
- If the toys are of plastic and hard then the best thing you can do is wash them thoroughly and put them away once you are done with cleaning and drying.
- If the toys are soft then it also helps when you wash them in your washing machines.
- When you are going to do laundry make sure to wash your hands after handling the dirty laundry.
- Use the reliable detergent to disinfect them and getting rid of the germs that are on your clothes.
- The most essential that you should consider is to avoid leaving your laundry in the washing machine as it can increase the germs even more than before.
- When buying the waste disposable make sure that they should be foot-operated as they are more hygiene due to which the chances of getting the germs on your hands reduce.
- After handling any waste material, make sure to wash your hands effectively if you don’t want to be sick.
- Carefully throw away the rubbish and make sure that the insects should not affect you.
Quick and effective cleaning tips to make your home virus-free
No doubt you sweep and mop the floors regularly but don’t forget to clean the highly touched surfaces that can expose you to the virus and here are some of the best virus and cleanup protection tips that you can use to get rid of viruses –
Disinfect the highly touched surfaces daily
When you step out of your homes to get the essentials from groceries and other surfaces, you mainly end up touching the surfaces that are merely contaminated with the harmful viruses. When you come back to your homes and touch the surfaces inside, it is more likely that you bring harmful germs and bacteria to your home as well, irrespective of you are wearing the gloves or not. However, it is essential to clean the doorknobs and other surfaces thoroughly that are contaminated with harmful germs or viruses which merely takes a few minutes for sanitizing.
Clean and disinfect with sprays and wipes
A light hand wet mops only remove the contaminants but they are not effective to kill the germs due to which it is essential to use the sprays as well as wipes for cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces. If you want to minimize the exposure to the virus then you should clean the homes daily with the right disinfectant as it is a great way to get rid of the germs as well as bacteria. Even if you don’t have the disinfectant wipes you can also use the soap that has the capability to kill the germs.
Use the homemade disinfectants if there are not any wipes
In case you don’t have any disinfectants or wipes, you can use the bleach to disinfect the surfaces that are contaminated with germs and viruses. Nowadays, due to the spread of coronavirus, it is best to use the disinfectant that can kill the germs effectively, leaving your space completely safe for you. Furthermore, you can hire the professionals who can help you with the deep virus cleanup, leaving your home free of contaminants that make you severely ill.