UV light is an antimicrobial technology that comes forward with authentic results. This light breaks down the DNA of viruses, fungi, bacteria, and other microorganisms. The UV light has three types which affect differently the names are:
UVC is known as the ultraviolet spectrum which is most effective. It is used to inactivate the germs and bacteria, sanitize the drinking water, industrial surfaces, and is also very effective for coronavirus disinfection.
The major welfare of this UVC light goes to hospitals because of its inactive germs spore that form bacterium Clostridium difficult. This is the major infectious source where the hospital gets infected.
The UVC room sterilizer firstly launched to US hospitals around the year 2007. After that UVC room sterilizer got popular. The reason behind popularity was it practically sanitizes all the surfaces of the room and acquires less labor and hazardous chemicals. The companies who are dealing in disinfection business since from roots have also entered in the UV room sterilizer market. As recently one cleaning company formed a partnership with UVDI.
There are a number of companies that make UVC room sterilizer devices with a variety of configurations. In which some of the companies designed wheeled in a room, used, then wheeled out. All of the UVC devices produce UV light using xenon bulbs or mercury-UV bulbs. There is a minor difference between these two devices mercury UV bulbs excrete 254 nanometers and xenon UV bulbs excrete several germicidal wavelengths. Recently there is one company named UVC cleaning system that launches a UV device that is mounted on a wall.
The UVC room sterilizer devices are manufactured in different sizes, shapes, and features. Basically UVC devices are the size of the office water cooler and small refrigerator. The working of these devices depends upon the room measure and usage of UV dose. They have their capacity for some work for a short duration and other works for long. Some UV lights have mirrors fitted in the devices to see whether the beam rotates around the room or not. Some devices have digital options which on the device automatically when a person enters the room during treatment.
Age UVC devices are the one who kills the microorganisms to some extent. As the devices have so many different configurations, features, and wavelength makes the purchase a bit difficult. LUXUVC’s goals are to provide effective and proper information to users for the prospective purchase of UV devices.
Performance Of UVC Room Sterilizer
Below are the key performance points:
- Dose-response model: In the dose-response model the UV doses are measured to test the effectiveness of the device in the hospital.
- Place of test: The test is conducted in the microbiology labs. In these labs the rate of several pathogens killed measured within the tightly controlled condition.
- Disinfecting: Proper before and after disinfecting or cleaning done in the hospital where tests take place.
- infection rates: The proper clinical studies outcome noticed. If there is any reduction in the infection rate from UV devices usage is calculated.
Dose-Response Models And UV Dose-Meters
Killing the microorganism from surfaces and room UVC room sterilizer is the best and this disinfection is the function of UV dose. There is a correlation that means a line is formed and a logarithmic scale at various intervals.
UV dose and disinfection have undeviating relation. That offers the opportunity to the smart UV companies to create correct dose models for their UV devices. Whereas, small disinfecting UV companies come into rumors that there is no need for laboratory testing for estimate UV dose.
UV dose-meters can be used in various UVC room sterilizers.
- To prove that their device disinfects the room.
- Companies use to tell when turning off
UV dose-meter is also known as UV dosimeters. The UV dosimeters prove to be precisely the same as mercury bulbs produce. Whenever measuring the UV light
If you are planning to purchase a UVC room sterilizer device on the basis of UV dosimeters data then these points will help you a lot.
How To Conduct Microchem Laboratory Disinfection Study.
To give the buyer an authentic as well as a good reason to buy the prospective device controlled laboratory studies are a very common type of data. Good laboratory studies provide amazing UV device capabilities and allow them to make a comparison between the devices. These studies are used in hospitals under tight conditions. Some of the studies are conducted in the test tube.
The process of Microchem Laboratory Disinfection Study:
- The client chooses the microorganisms on which the test conducted like MRSA, C.difficile, etc.
- The client specifies the area and orientation within the room where the test conducted.
- To include an organic soil burden in the inoculums the client decides whether to add or not.
- The microbiologists immunize the test surface in an unconnected section of the laboratory.
- The immunize place the test surface is under the tightly controlled environment condition that creates the thin film of harboring approximately on the surface where one million viable cell
- There are test rooms where the test surfaces are carefully transported.
- In the testing room the devices are placed in the center.
- With the sponsor instruction the test surfaces are oriented.
- The surface where the UV treatment did not take place is kept separate.
- Activate the devices
- Evacuated the test room
- There is a contract time of UV treatment
- Then the treatment is viewed from the observation window as appropriate.
- The UV treatment cycle ends
- To transfer the test surfaces to sterile containers microbiologists use neutralizing medium.
- The microbiologists disinfect the surfaces where the test has not taken place.
- The microbiologists who survive through UV treatment take back to the laboratory and use ordinary techniques to enumerate microorganisms.
- The microorganisms which are survived from UV treatment are calculated.
- The microorganism which is controlled on the surface is calculated.
- The log reductions and percent of results from UV treatments are calculated.
- The controlled studies show. The buyer should have the knowledge that not all the laboratories are experts in testing. The labs that give antimicrobial efficacy for UV devices can make mistakes.
What Are The Mistakes Made By Laboratories Which Are Unreliable?
- The major mistake is the microbial population is not treated the same as the microorganisms treated.
- Initially the microbial populations based on the liquid culture that covers only immunize the test surface.
- The microbial populations cannot challenge the device.
- The agar is used to list the surviving cell that helps reticence to the injured cell.
- The distance, contact time, and carrier position are not recorded.
- Mistakes in calculations
Many smart companies are now building and selling UV devices with various levels of effectiveness. There are two main technologies
- Mercury UV
- Pulsed xenon UV
These are the devices designed with the various and different style features.
The prospective purchasers of UV devices clients should be knowledgeable. The Microchem Laboratory is the leader of the industry.