The COVID-19 or coronavirus is the pandemic outbreak which affected 200 countries. It is a nasty bug which transfers person to person, the virus is not like other members of the coronavirus family, it can be disinfected from household products also. There are several bad things in COVID-19, but one good thing is that coronavirus disinfection is not hardy and can easily be destroyed by most disinfectors as per expert doctors.
The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, Consumer Report and other organizations analyze and suggest the products that can be helpful to remove the virus from our homes.
Regular cleaning is so effective to vanish not just coronavirus but also remove other kinds of germs from the surface. The inCharged acting as a corona cleaner and guiding the social public.
- Focus on areas and faucet handles, countertops, doorknobs, and stair rails these are the things that we all touch frequently.
- Currently, the demand for coronavirus disinfection wipes is unmatchable so in this difficult time inCharged is guiding the general public, how other products can be used for disinfection and most of them we find in our houses.
- Biohazard cleanup is also very helpful to stop spreading the highly contagious virus and disinfection in the public area.
Below discussed some household products suggested by incharged by consulting with experts.
Soap and water or sanitizer
To remove the coronavirus disinfection the soap and water or sanitizer work. The soap has the particles that help a lot to remove the virus from the surface- whether it’s your hand, doorknobs, face. Whereas, water suspends and washed away the hazardous germs.
The American Chemical Society member Richard Sachleben put his viewpoints in front that all soap is detergent and they not only remove the germs out from the surface but also kill them.
DNA or RNA is the cause of viruses. The virus has a coating outside and stuff inside and soap or detergents break the coating and the virus spills and falls apart.
Liquid solution or disinfectors
The liquid solution means disinfectors or bleach solutions that are very effective in killing the germs and coronavirus from scratch. The bleach solutions are very dangerous; chemical use doesn’t mix it with anything other than water. You can make the bleach solution at home like 5 tablespoons of bleach in one gallon of water.
If you have made the bleach solution at home then test it prior before you clean the surface because bleach is harsh cleaner. The drawback of bleach is it will damage your paint and with time affects the metal also.
The hydrogen peroxide is not stronger than bleach, but it can discolor some fabrics and along with that it can deteriorate in oxygen and water. Don’t dilute the hydrogen peroxide in any substance and use it straight.
Don’t count the distilled vodka or vinegar
There are a number of people who do cleaning with vinegar because it’s natural and cheap. As per the consumer reports, no proper affirmation found from where coronavirus can vanish properly.
The social media must show you that vodka is not very effective in sanitizing and distilling spirits. The reason behind this is that vodka doesn’t have high alcohol consistency to kill the virus. The vodka has 40 percent of alcohol and the hand sanitizer contains 60 percent alcohol.
InCharged acting as corona cleaners, the product used in cleaning contains 70 percent of alcohol which is very less hazardous than bleach. According to the consumer report always use rubbing alcohol doesn’t dilute it. Using rubbing alcohol on the surface is safe but can discolor some plastics.
Only wiping up is not enough
Coronavirus disinfection doesn’t remove with wiping the surface. You have to scrub it till the time surface is wet and let it dry. As said by a great writer that the efforts you put in the cleaning process pay off the dividend. Be clear with the cleaning products the effective product low will be the risk from the virus.
Spread the disinfector and give it time to work. Wiping with the solution does not kill the virus. It requires a proper technique, quick swipe out is not enough, the proper process should be followed like pouring the solution on the surface and letting it dry then wipe.
Stay away from bogus products.
Unfortunately, doctors are unable to find the cure or treatment for coronavirus. But some companies are still selling the bogus products in the name of COVID-19 medicine.
A week back the Federal Trade Commission sent a warning letter to the companies who sell the fake products the Federal Trade Commission mentioned in the letter that their products are fraudulent and unapproved drugs that cause enough risk to the patients.
Is making your own hand sanitizer is a good idea
Making a home hand sanitizer is not very difficult; go online and find the ways. Making hand sanitizer is a good idea or nor the opinions vary as per the Consumer Reports.
Incharged talk to various experts, they said this is not the best idea because they did not manage to put the concentrations right. If your solution does not have a balanced concentration of alcohol then it doesn’t pay off you good. DIY sanitizers provide false security.
Swartzberg says that people are fooling themselves that they are using something homemade but the reality is they are not preparing it with the correct percentage of alcohol. If your hands are greasy or dirty then using alcohol-based hand sanitizer is not effective. Wash your hands with soap and water.
Keep your hands moisturize
Washing hands or sanitizing can make your hand dry which turns the germs a place to hide. To prevent that from happening using a moisturizer is vital. Consumer reports recommend the best moisturizer includes ceramides oils, dimethicone, shea butter which is very effective for skin.
Steps to stop the Coronavirus Disinfection
Category 1: If you are sick
- To make the virus confined from others, stay at home, and make use of the room. Prevent contact with yourself and others. Use only the room and bathroom which is not used by others.
- Avoid going out and attending the social gathering except to visit the healthcare provider. If you at a public place cover your face and if you feel breathing problems be careful that you cough and sneeze in a tissue. Wash your hands immediately with soap and water or sensitizer.
- During the time you call healthcare providers they alert that you may be suffering from coronavirus so that they avoid the risk to others during transportation.
- Although there is no information that pets become ill but do not take chances and limit contact with your pets and animals. If you are the only one who takes care of your pet then washes your hand before and after the interaction.
- Do not share a towel, plate, glasses, drinks, and food with the ill person. After washing the every used item properly and disinfecting.
- Put all the items used by an ill person separate from the rest of the household. Washing the clothing, bedding of the ill person should be tightly kept within the plastic bag and transferred from the ill person room to the washing machine.
Category 2: If you are not sick
- Stay away from the person suffering from the COVID-19. Make-sure to make a difference between yourself and others.
- Incharged mention in a potential solution list. Keep washing your hands every hour at a minimum.
- If your hands are not washed do not touch your face because viruses spread through respiratory droplets of the ill person and touching your face with those droplets make you ill.
- Always use the hand which contains 60 percent of alcohol that will help you to kill the virus. Sanitizing your hand should be your second option if you don’t have water and soap nearby you.
- Daily clean the surfaces with a disinfectant that will help you to eliminate the virus.