Handwashing and maintaining hygiene is the most essential practices that you can use to protect yourself and others from the coronavirus and if you are quarantined inside your homes due to the outbreak of coronavirus then you must be thinking about the procedure you can use for cleaning your homes and keeping it safe from coronavirus. It has been found that COVID-19 remains in the air for at least 3-4 hours, and leaves on the hard surfaces for at least 24 hours and in case of plastics or stainless steel, it lasts for up to 3 days. If you want to keep your surroundings clean to reduce the spread of COVID-19 then you need to look for the reliable COVID-19 disinfection and the most essential thing that you need to consider is the label that says that product is approved to use and kill harmful bacteria or germs.
Use the right product
First, you need to clear the dirt or dust particles from the surface and then wipe the surface with the use of an effective disinfectant that can kill bacteria or viruses as well. You need to leave the surface wet that you are cleaning by applying the COVID-19 disinfection on it and use it for as many times as the instructions of the product have shown. Furthermore, it is the most essential step that people prefer to skip as they rely on the quick cleaning process but it is not enough if you will just wipe away the surface after applying disinfectant on it as it will not leave any useful effect for killing the germs.
The surfaces you need to clean
- It includes the area that is highly-touched such as door handles, phones, tablets, switches, taps, appliances and other fixtures.
- Mainly the horizontal surfaces such as countertops, kitchen taps, desktops, and various other places where there is a possibility of cough droplets are highly infected areas and need more care.
The most essential factors to disinfecting the areas are to clean them frequently and thoroughly with the right COVID-19 disinfection as these can provide a thorough cleaning for removing the germs or bacteria.
It is still not clear about the longevity of coronavirus on a particular surface but the evidence suggests that the virus can live for up to 15 days at room temperature. Due to which it is essential to wipe the areas that are touched commonly as these can prevent the spread of an illness such as COVID-19 or any other flu that causes severe illness.
Various disinfectant wipes claim that they are enough effective to kill about 99.99% germs or bacterias but if they are used appropriately then they can work effectively for the COVID-19 but you need to be sure to follow the instructions that are mentioned on the label. It is essential that you should go with the thorough cleaning for the areas that are visibly dirty if you want to get rid of the dirt and debris before disinfecting the surface. However, the most essential you need to consider is avoid using the same wipes for multiple surfaces as these can transfer the germs from the used wipes to the other surfaces so if you want to prevent such transformation you need to use separate wipes for the surfaces and throw them immediately after using them for disinfecting the surfaces. Another essential thing that you need to consider is to avoid drying the surfaces after using the wipes as it is essential to keep the surface wet for some time that is mentioned on the label and it is important to follow the instructions because the time is most efficient that you need to kill the germs or virus.
At home or the dorm
- You need to clean the surfaces that are highly-touched and that includes the door handles, taps, counters, tabletops, chairs, toilet fixtures, phones, keyboard, tablets, bedside tables, and much more.
- The most essential thing is if you discover the body fluid or blood drops on the surface you need to wipe them on the spot.
- Use the household cleaning sprays or wipe away the surfaces according to the instructions provided in the labels.
Furthermore, the labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning products that also include the precautions that you need to take when you apply the COVID-19 disinfections on the surfaces but make sure to wear gloves as well as the area should have reliable ventilation.
Schools, jails, and other community settings
- If you are handling the cleaning of these spaces you need to follow the routine cleaning of the organizations and the disinfection programs.
- The most essential thing you need to focus on cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces that are touched frequently and those areas include bathrooms, water coolers, desks, countertops, computer appliances, faucets, phones, and various other things.
- There is not any need to follow the special processes for cleaning or disinfecting, going with the routine cleaning is enough to get rid of the germs or bacterias but make sure it is done in the right way.
- You need to follow the standard procedures for cleaning as well as disinfecting and make sure the COVID-19 disinfection that you are using is approved to get rid of coronavirus.
The cleaning procedure you can create for COVID-19 disinfection
- The operators of the community setting should make protocols as well as the procedure for cleaning the public spaces as it can help you to determine the areas that need improvements or additional cleaning to get rid of the virus or flu.
- You need to read and follow the instructions that are provided by the manufacturer of the COVID-19 disinfection products but you need to be sure to wear the gloves, open the windows and turn on the fans, and ensure that the disinfection would stay for longer on the surfaces.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands regularly with the soap and water or use hand sanitizers that are alcohol bases and effective to kill germs but make sure to rub around your hands until they dry completely.
- You can use damp cleaning methods such as clean clothes regularly and do thorough mopping but do not use irrelevant methods that can cause the distribution of the virus droplets in the air.
- You should mainly focus on cleaning the shared spaces that include kitchens and bathrooms.
The COVID-19 can survive on the surface and objects for various days but you can prevent the spread of the diseases with frequent cleaning and disinfection. The best option is to hire Disinfectant cleaning companies that provide cleaning services for residential and commercial areas. However, you should also clean your surroundings often as well as the most visited areas which also include the most touched surfaces. You should also wash the clothes and fabric items and make sure to dry them at the highest temperatures. No doubt the cleaning products can remove dirt, dust, and oils but these cannot kill the germs, so you should look for the COVID-19 disinfection products to prevent the spread of the virus.