The widespread misinformation regarding the virus puts everyone at risk and adds only stress due to which everyone must have questions regarding the virus. While research is still going on to find about COVID-19, but we all know that it is transmitted through the direct contact with the respiratory droplets of an infected person mainly through coughing and sneezing, but you can also get in contact with the virus when you touch the surface contaminated with the virus. The virus can survive on the surface for fewer hours and lasts up to several days but the good news is COVID disinfection can kill it and here is some information that you can use as a helping hand which includes the tips that you can use to keep the virus out of your homes.
If you will follow the simple hygiene measures then it can prevent you as well as your family health and everyone else who is following the same –
- Avoid touching your face which means do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands, instead you can keep a tissue with you or use our elbow at the same time and when you are done dispose of the tissue off immediately to avoid any spread of infection.
- Maintain your distance of at least 1 meter which means 3 feet from the person who is coughing or sneezing.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands and you must be hearing it everywhere because it is the only way you can use as a defense so wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20-30 seconds. Also make sure to wash your hands thoroughly when you sneeze, cough, use the restroom, eat food, prepare food, apply makeup, contact lenses, or anything that has to do with your face. If you are using a sanitizer instead of washing your hand then make sure that it should have 60 percent of alcohol and take enough quantity to cover your hands and at least rub your hands for 20 seconds until the sanitizer dries completely.
Thing to consider – Always wash your hands if they are visibly dirty either with cold or hot water as they both are effective in killing the germs or viruses as long as you are using soap and water in the right way.
Cleaning around the home
You should clean your house regularly and use disinfectants, mainly in the high-touch surfaces as these are a great way to lower the risk of infection. You can also follow the instructions of COVID disinfections for their safe and effective use along with the precautions to apply the same, such as you can wear the gloves and make sure there is good ventilation around.
Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces
No doubt every home is different but they have one thing in common and those are the high-touch surfaces that include door handles, tables, chairs, handrails, kitchen, bathroom, taps, toilets, switches, mobile phones, computers, tablets, keyboards, and more. So, make sure to clean them thoroughly with the reliable disinfectant that can eliminate the germs and viruses effectively.
What to use for cleaning and disinfecting?
If the surface is dirty, you need to clean it with soap or detergent and water, then you can use the disinfectant products that contain alcohol or bleach and if you are using vinegar or any other natural products then those are not recommended. In various places, it will be difficult to find the COVID disinfection sprays or wipes so in such cases, you can continue to clean with soap and water. You can also use the diluted household bleach solutions on some surfaces for better cleaning and eliminating germs from your home.
How to disinfect?
It is essential to avoid wiping the cleaning solutions as soon as you have applied them on your surfaces as various disinfectant products such as wipes and sprays need to stay wet on the surfaces if you want them to work effectively. Furthermore, you should read the instructions to make sure you are using the product exactly according to the way it is recommended and these are suitable for your mobile phones and other electronic devices as well so it is effective to use wipeable covers for electronics.
Currently, it is not clear the longevity of COVID-19 survival on fabric, but various clothing items have plastic and metal elements due to which it is possible that the virus can live for a few hours to several days. However, it is essential to exercise caution and common sense for which you need to consider the good practices such as removing your shoes while entering your home and changing your clothes when you return from the crowded places and washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
Doing laundry at home
If you do laundry at home, it is recommended to clean bed sheets, towels, and clothes regularly to disinfect everything from harmful viruses or germs.
- Avoid keeping dirty clothes for long to minimize the possibility of viruses.
- Always use soap and detergent, warm water, and dry items completely to kill the virus.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after every activity or use sanitizer to rub it across your hands until it dries completely.
- After you are done with washing don’t forget to disinfect your laundry bag as well, instead use the disposable bags.
Handling and preparing food
Till now there is not any evidence that people can catch COVID-19 due to the food or food packaging but it is possible that people can get infected by touching the surface or object that is contaminated with the virus and after that touching their face as well. The greater risk arises when you are in close contact with a person when you are doing food shopping or receiving your food delivery so it is essential to have good hygiene when handling food to prevent any food-borne illnesses.
Precautions for Food packaging and handling
- When you bring food in packaging, it is recommended to dispose of the wrap or packaging immediately.
- While removing the food from the containers, you can place them in a clean plate and dispose of the containers on the spot to avoid the spread of infections.
- If there is packaging like cans you can wipe them with the disinfectants when you open or store them.
- When you unpack your food material, such as vegetables or fruits, make sure to wash them thoroughly under running water.
- At last don’t forget to clean your hands with soap and water, or use sanitizer immediately after you are done with washing and storing.
General hygiene tips for food
- Before you start preparing your food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer to rub it across your hands.
- While preparing food, keep it at a reliable temperature that is recommended for food preparation.
- Pay attention to the expiry dates before storing your food items.
- It is recommended to dispose of food waste and packaging after you unpack them.
- At last, always prefer to use clean utensils and plates whether you are ordering the food or preparing at home and don’t forget to wash your hands regularly with soap and water
If you are looking for the sanitizing companies near me who can help you with the COVID disinfection services then choose LuxUVC powered by InCharged for the professionals who can provide a thorough cleaning for your residential and commercial property.